Zhejiang Sci-Tech University now enjoys increasing advantages in its building of a university with international character and quality. ZSTU is one of the host institutes under Chinese Scholarship Program. Besides ZSTU and Zhejiang Provincial government scholarships, ZSTU offers ZSTU President scholarships to outstanding international postgraduate students too.
I Scholarship Coverage
Tuition and Registration Fee
On campus dormitory accommodation ( Water and Electricity Excluded)
Twin-bedded room for Master students
Single-bedded room for PhD students
CNY 1,700 per month for Master students
CNY 2,000 per month for PhD students
Comprehensive medical care (details of the coverage available at www.lxbx.net)
(1)By showing Family Membership Certificate issued by China Embassy or General Consulate in their home country and subject to ZSTU approval,married postgraduates accompanies by family members can live off-campus and receive accommodation allowance from ZSTU. The amount of the allowance is CNY1000 per month for Doctoral students; CNY 700 per month for Master degree students.
(2)Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive the living allowance from ZSTU on a monthly basis. Students registering before the 15th of the month (the 15th included) will receive full amount of living allowance of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive half amount of that month. The living allowance for graduates will extend to 15 days after the date of graduation set by ZSTU. For those who suspend or quit their study, or complete their study but are unable to meet the degree-awarding requirements, the living allowance will be stopped the following month. The living allowance covers the holidays set by ZSTU, and the scholarship students leaving ZSTU during the holidays can receive the living allowance after returning to ZSTU.
(3)Scholarship students should return to their home country at their own expenses if they need to suspend their study as a result of pregnancy or suffering from serious illness. Subject to ZSTU approval, the eligibility of scholarship for such students could be reserved for a maximum period of one year. Scholarships students who suspend their study for other reasons will no longer be supported by the Scholarship.
(4)If a scholarship students who receive disciplinary punishment for violating laws and regulations, his/her scholarship will be terminated upon the date of receiving the disciplinary punishment.
II Duration of the Scholarship (in accordance with the general lengths of study set by ZSTU)
Master degree students: 2.5 years
Doctoral students: 3.5years
(1)Scholarship students must be reviewed annually review for the academic, moral and behavioral performances. Scholarship for the following year will be terminated if a student fails to pass the review.
(2)ZSTU President Scholarship for International Students is not awarded to students who need to take the one-year complementary Chinese language course before they start their degree programs.
(3)The duration of the scholarship will not extend if scholarship students are unable to complete their study within the general length of study set by ZSTU.
III Application Requirements:
(1)Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health with no infectious disease or any physical or mental diseases that may affect the normal study.
(2)Education background and age limit:
Applicants of Master degree programs must be under the age of 35, and have a Bachelor’s degree.
Applicants of Doctoral degree programs must be under the age of 40, and have a Master’s degree.
For Chinese-taught programs:
Arts: 180 of New HSK Band 4
Science/Technology/Economics/Management : 195 of New HSK Band 4
Humanities/Law: 210 of New HSK Band 4
For English-taught programs, applicants must fulfill at least one of the following requirements:
-English as the native language
-English as the language of instruction at high school/college
-A minimum TOFEL score of 80 (IBT)/550(PBT)
-A minimum IELTS score of 5.5
(4)Applicants must be international students wishing to be admitted to the Doctoral or Master degree programs at ZSTU starting in the Fall Semester, 2016.
IV Application Deadline:
May 31, 2017
V Application Documents:
(1) ZSTU International Students Application Form (Applicants have to log on the Online Application System http://apply.zstu.edu.cn/Index_en.aspx to fill the information online and print the form)
(2) Completed “Application Form for Zhejiang Sci-Tech University President Scholarship” (filled out in Chinese or English);
(3) A photocopy of your passport information page with personal signature；
(4) A photocopy of your valid Visa or Residence Permit if you are already in China；
(5) Notarized photocopy of highest diploma (If the applicant is a university student, he/she must provide a certification of enrollment issued by his/her current university. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be notarized into Chinese or English);
(6) Transcripts of Bachelor and/or Master Program (Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be notarized into Chinese or English);
(7) Study/Research Plan in Chinese or English describing the applicant’s previous educational and/or work experience, research accomplishments, research field and research plan relating to the applicant’s future study at ZSTU, and career goals after graduation;
(8) Reference letters from two professors/associate professors(in Chinese or English);
(9) Photocopy of “Foreigner Physical Examination Form”, printed by the health and quarantine departments of the Chinese government and filled out in Chinese or English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration as they plan to take the medical examination;
(10) Certification of Language Proficiency (HSK certificate, TOFEL or ILETS score reports, etc.);
(11) Published academic papers or other forms of academic accomplishments (if applicable).
Note: Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the results
VII How to Apply
1. Send the application documents to: International Students Office, Zhejiang Sci-Tech University, Second Avenue, Xiasha, Hangzhou, P. R. China, 310018
2. Send the application documents via email to email@example.com